What Is A Conference
The conference itself is a meeting.
It will give you the chance to tell the people at the meeting:
- Why you committed the offence
It gives the victim the chance to tell you:
- How they have been affected by what you did to him or her.
THE MEETING WILL WANT YOU TO:
- Tell the victim what you will do to show that you are sorry for the upset and harm you have caused to the victim
- Agree an Action Plan to make up for what you have done and stop you offending.
- What is a Conference?
- What is the necessary criteria for a referral?
- What is in it for the victim?
- What is new about Youth Conferencing?
- Is Youth Conferencing a soft option?
- Why Restorative Justice instead of Retributive Justice?
- Does restorative justice reduce crime?
- How is the Relationship with Stakeholders?
- What are the Satisfaction Rates?