What Is New About Youth Conferencing
The Youth Conference Service aims to balance the needs of the victim and the child by agreeing plans of action which satisfy the victim and create opportunities for the young person to make amends and stop committing crime.
This process now enables the victim to participate more fully in the criminal justice system than was previously the case. Victims now have the right in law to take part in Youth Conferences and share how they have been affected.
- What is a Conference?
- What is the necessary criteria for a referral?
- What is in it for the victim?
- What is new about Youth Conferencing?
- Is Youth Conferencing a soft option?
- Why Restorative Justice instead of Retributive Justice?
- Does restorative justice reduce crime?
- How is the Relationship with Stakeholders?
- What are the Satisfaction Rates?